You will have seen our posts on running more courses over the autumn in line with RYA Scotland guidance based on the Scottish Government restrictions for the current Stage of Covid. Some of the courses advertised, such as the Adult courses, were on the presumption that we would reach Stage 4 by the time they were to be run, but that now looks unlikely, therefore all adult courses will remain on hold. We will retain the names of those interested and let you know if and when the government allow a further relaxation. In the meantime we still hope to do something with our younger sailors this weekend but it will be restricted do to unavailability of many of our instructors. Details will be promulgated as soon as possible, and when the weather is a little more certain.
We are running Tuesday evening sailing for Adults and Level 4 sailors commencing at 1800 and Thursday evening again at 1800 for Level 2 and 3 sailors. Both are subject to final confirmation by 1700 on the day and will run till the end of September. We are unable at this stage to take absolute beginners due to the RYA Scotland (on behalf of the Government) restrictions on training.
This plan will work best if we all take a considerate and conservative approach:
Considerate of others: be mindful of the potential impact that you could have on other water users and local communities. We will not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI (who are aware of our plans) and emergency services.
Conservative of risk: help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to your boating, we have reduced the wind speed at which we will cancel sailing to help to avoid any difficulties being encountered. We have conducted a full risk assessment.